What is Inner Breathwork?
It is a technique that helps you reach an altered state of consciousness with the help of fast and regular breathing accompanied by evocative music. It allows clients to do so without any substances. This method of therapy disconnects you from your ego to connect to your inner-self, and access your inner guide and intelligence.
Inner Breathwork is very simple to perform, as it can be done online or onsite and doesn’t require more than good earphones or speakers to listen to the music and to preferably lie down or sit up, eyes closed. To achieve the most ease during the session, it is important to be in a quiet environment with little distractions, as well as wearing comfortable clothes.
Inner Breathwork Benefits:
The practice of inner breathing may be used to help a wide range of conditions, including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic pain
- Avoidance behaviors
- premenstrual tension
- Children under 18 should not participate in Inner Breathwork Sessions
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases, history of strokes, aneurysms or seizures, TIAs or other brain/neurological condition or disease
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Taking prescription blood thinning medications such as Coumadin
- Detached retina
- Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- PTSD – you might re-experience previous traumas in Inner Breathwork sessions. While this can be highly valuable, appropriate support is required.
- Anything that would impair or affect your ability to engage in activities involving intense physical and/or emotional release
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.